The client required a 24/7 service support centre to receive maintenance service calls and plan and manage repair work through a vast distributed contractor base. The On Key EAMS and Work Manager app streamlined these processes.
The client is one of the largest retailers on the African continent. They have a R100+ billion turnover and a staff complement of more than 120,000. Millions of people shop at 2,500 of their
outlets every day.
They have various well known brands in multiple countries, of which two specific brands are contracted to Pragma. The outlets are typically located in areas with high population densities and primarily cater to middle and upper income groups. More than 30 outlets boast an extensive range of products ranging from a wide variety of fresh and frozen foods, household items, clothing and furniture to a large range of branded appliances and audio-visual products.
Pragma was contracted in 2016 to manage their physical assets in outlets located in Gauteng, joining many other outlets in other provinces already entrusted to Pragma.
The outlets in Gauteng required escalations on the current contract:
- Handle telephonic service calls from all the additional outlets.
- Plan, issue and control more than 400 work orders per month.
- Manage 300+ contractors, including receiving and handling invoices.
- Maintain the operational asset register of the outlets in Gauteng.
- Be able to adapt to evolving client requirements.
“We would like to see savings on our maintenance bill as well as fewer product losses. Through Pragma we are achieving these savings and also gaining more control over our maintenance function.”
Many Pragma resources are involved and responsible for the success of the outlets in Gauteng. Interventions involved include:
- 24/7 Service Support Centre – a team of 13 agents under supervision, handling all maintenance service calls from the outlets.
- Operations Manager – coordinating the information, engineering and financial management actions of the day-to-day asset management activities.
- Field Engineer – responsible for the services, planned maintenance, managing work-in-progress and quality of work on a store level.
- Supply chain management team – responsible for contractor management and verification of maintenance invoices.
- Software management – planning and scheduling function also responsible for the asset register, verification and control of On Key and branch inspection management.
- Standardised work planning and control processes across all sites.
- Accurate and complete asset registers and history of work.
- 9176 calls logged during the financial year.
- 5565 invoices handled and verified during the financial year.
- 174 recalls logged against contractors during the financial year.
- Managed R20,967,421 in maintenance spend during the financial year, down R4,977,602 from previous financial year.
- 19.19% reduction over one year on maintenance costs.
- Management cost savings initiatives over the value of R1.1 million for 2016/17.
- Win-win partnership between client, Pragma and contractors.
Tools and Technology
- Pragma On Key Enterprise Asset Management system
- On Key Work Manager App
- On Key Express (OKX)