Our client required formal asset management processes that included a comprehensive asset register, improved warehouse management and maintenance work management. We implemented On Key and custom transactional interfaces with Syspro.
Our client produces upmarket seafood at the most southern tip of Africa. The products are farmed on various sites around Hermanus, South Africa. Combined, the farms comprise approximately 6 hectares and house 2,000 land-based tanks that require more than 7,000 tons of pumped seawater every hour. Availability from their equipment is fundamental to the growth of the product and to the success of the company.
- Informal Asset Management processes in place with little absorption into the wider organization
- Technical Asset register not comprehensive and maintained properly
- No link to financial register in Syspro
- Warehouses managed with excel and supported by manual transactions
- Basic CMMS in place to track job cards
- Huge administration efforts to manage excel sheets and stores sheets
- Little or no correlation between costing in different systems.
“This seamless integration between SYSPRO and On Key eliminated administration and freed up technical resources to focus on maintaining assets”
- The Pragma team implemented On Key 5 as an on-premise solution
- Detailed business process development was done with specific integration points between systems identified
- Pragma CIS (Custom Interface Solutions) team engaged to create necessary integration points to On Key
- SYSPRO expert was engaged to design and implement the required export files from SYSPRO 7.
- Master MRO item information is synchronized from SYSPRO 7 to On Key. This includes the Material Master and Financials
- MRO requisitions are created in On Key linked to Work Orders. A corresponding requisition is then created in SYSPRO 7 from where the normal financial process is managed
- Requisition status changes in SYSPRO 7 are updated in On Key.
- Structured Asset Management environment
- Asset and job costing now available in On Key
- Accurate costing with single master data ownership
- Seamless integration between SYSPRO and On Key systems eliminating administration requirements
- Reduction in administration time allowing technical resources to focus on maintaining assets.
Tools and Technology
- On Key EAMS
- SYSPRO 7
- Custom interface