Our client manufactures high-end sealing systems for the automotive industry. Tedious paper-based processes hampered efficiency and posed a challenge to informed decision making. On Key EAMS, a mobile Work Manager app and a web services interface addressed these challenges.
Our client has been developing and manufacturing high-end sealing systems for the automotive industry for the past 50 years. The company’s products can be found in vehicle makes such as
Daimler, BMW, VW, Porsche, Audi, Ford and Jaguar.
The company was originally started as a small family business in Germany but now employs more than 2500 people worldwide. The specific client site, referred to in this client reference story, is in Ireland.
- Data velocity was one of the biggest challenges. It had a big effect on the Ability to make informed business decisions.
- Client personnel were used to a paper-driven operation and hadn’t used On Key before.
- Traditionally handwritten job cards were being captured by a third party service provider.
- New processes and technology needed to be introduced to facilitate a paperless operation.
- Operators needed to be able to complete autonomous work orders before every shift on the injection moulding machine’s Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) itself.
- Operators needed to be able to log new work orders directly on the injection moulding machine’s PLC itself.
- Upgrade of On Key to the latest version of On Key 5
- User training and hand-hold support
- Implementation of the Work Manager App
- Configuration of On Key’s Web Services to create an interface between the injection moulding machine’s PLC (Linux based) and On Key
- Implementation of On Key Analytics
- Development and implementation of SSRS reports to support the client’s business operations
To have the Asset Management operations transformed from a paper-based system to real-time feedback increased data velocity by about 10 days. This improvement will have a massive effect on informed business decision making. In addition:
- Upgrade from On Key 4 to a web-based On Key 5 system
- Implementation of the mobile Work Manager App which enabled the business to change from a paper-based system
- Technicians are now able to give real-time feedback on the work orders they are busy with
- Increase in data velocity of ten days
- Streamlined business processes
- Operators can give feedback directly on the machine’s PLC about the autonomous maintenance tasks performed before and during each shift
- Operators can also log new work orders directly on the machine’s PLC
Tools and Technology
- On Key 5
- Work Manager App
- Web Services
- SSRS Reports
- On Key Analytics